[WT-support] Warning -- don't network two computers for NA Sprint

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 6 19:47:46 CET 2009

The NA Sprint CW is less than 31 hours away.  Please note that using
Win-Test Version 3.23 (and other versions), there is a known problem that
may force you to restart Win-Test in the middle of the contest if you try
networking two or more computers in the Sprint.  See Bug Report
#211<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=211&do=details>for the
details.

The SO2R features work fine on a single computer, but if you plan to use one
PC for Rig A, and a second PC for Rig B, better change the plan, or be aware
of the lockup potential.  I haven't had a chance to see if the bug is still
there in 3.24 or 3.25-dev, but I find no mention of a bug fix anywhere in
the release notes, so it probably is still there.

It's possible that Olivier or Laurent may be able to produce a fix before
the contest starts.  Check http://download.win-test.com/nightly for the
latest build status.  I believe the file timestamps represent CET (UTC+1).

Note that in the nightly builds, the executable file is named WT_DEV.EXE to
distinguish it from the official release named WT.EXE.