[WT-support] SO2R issues in RTTY

Paul Kapitskiy paul at lifefor.net
Wed Dec 30 19:50:43 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have a question and need advice about some weird behavior of Win-Test
in SO2R mode for RTTY. I am getting myself prepared for RU and I have
noticed this thing while tuning my setup.

I have 2 Yaesu radios, controlled by MK2R+ box. In WT I am using 2
MMTYs, installed in separate directories under WinXP. WT is switched to
Advanced SO2R mode. This mode assumes using special scenarios. And this
is exactly where I have noticed the problem. In Scenario 4 (Alternate
CQ) the F1 function has the settings - $TR2 $RESET $R1R1 $F1
$ALTERNATECQ, which means that Transmit focus must be switched to Second
radio first, and then it starts transmission. However, it does not
happen. After hitting F1 transmission begins on the first radio. I have
tried different combinations of settings, but couldn't make it work as
described in the manual. Does anyone know where the problem is?

The second thing which I noticed is related to the selection of Primary
and Secondary Radio when dealing with RTTY windows. It appears that
Radios are swapped when hitting Function keys on RTTY windows. If I have
left Radio set as Primary and right Radio set as secondary, then hitting
any Function key on the RTTY panel corresponding t right (Secondary)
radio immediately swaps them, so right radio become Primary, and left -
becomes Secondary. Is there a way to fix this? I strongly suspect that
the first issue results from this behavior. Can anybody please advise on
the fix or workaround.

Thanks and Happy New Year 2010!

73! de Paul RA3ANI