[WT-support] UDP Error #10013: Problem solved!

dl2alf dl2alf at arcor.de
Wed Dec 30 10:22:52 CET 2009

Hi Larry, Hi Bob,

thanks for publishing the information in the Wiki.

As Larry mentioned the function calls are implemented correctly in Win-Test.
There is no other way to communicate between two programs on the same
ccomputer using the UDP protocol.
Each software using the same communication methods will run into the same
problems.

So let me say clearly:

This is not a problem of Win-Test.
And it's not a problem of any wrong function call in any other program or
driver.

The RegValue controls the general behaviour of Windows, e.g. of the
TCP/IP-Stack.
It seems that Microsoft is treating the SO_REUSEADDR option as a possible
security hole.

I've written some C# - software to get informations from Win-Test via
network protocol so I was able to debug the function calls in connection
with networking.
If the RegValue is set to 1, each (subsequent) call of
SetSockOptions(SO_REUSEADDR) on the same socket will lead to Network Error
#10013 immediately.
If the RegValue is set to 0 (which is the default), everything is fine.

So, there is nothing to do in Win-Test.
Just keep in mind that the value of this registry entry can be changed for
whatever reasons.

73 de Frank, DL2ALF