[WT-support] Connecting to DX Summit (OH8X)

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Dec 11 18:01:11 CET 2009

Hi Bruce

Bruce Elbert a écrit :

> I'd like to use wtDXTelenet to have DX spots available on screen with
> Win-Test. However, the OH8X cluster isn't listed. What's the proper setup,
> or if this is possible, what can I use instead? Thanks and 73, Bruce K6ZB

AFAIK, DX summit doesn't provide a "standard" telnet feed. Its data are
only available on the web, and on the #CQDX IRC channel. Maybe someone
wrote a gateway between that IRC channel and a standard telnet feed (?),
but to be usable with Win-Test it would require to transparently
translate the DX-cluster commands (sh/dx etc.) into IRC commands... I'm
not aware of such an app, but it may exist ?

In the meantime, you can use any other DX-cluster listed in wtDxTelnet.
Just be sure to match the cluster type (DXNet, AK1A, DX Spider, etc.)
with the one set in Win-Test :

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#DX_Cluster