[WT-support] old problem back again

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 9 18:57:51 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Wolfgang Schwarz -DK9VZ- <ws at dk9vz.com>wrote:

> the new 2010 rules of the CQ WPX Contest bring the old problem
> of consecuting numbering in the MULTI-ONE Category back again.
>
> Is there another handling in WT4 in comparison to WT3?

First, I've opened Task
#269<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=269>because
Win-Test needs to change to match the new
WPX rules <http://www.cqwpx.com/rules.htm>.  For multi-single entrants, all
QSOs now need to be numbered sequentially, instead of by band, just like
single-op.

Please see this link <http://www.cqwpx.com/blog/> for a discussion about the
changes to the Multi-Single category in the WPX contest, including an
explanation of *why* the rules were changed.

My understanding of the "old problem" is that if you set up two
transmitters, you needed a way to keep serial numbers sequential between
them.  I believe the intent of the new rules is to discourage such
arrangements in the multi-single category.

Therefore the problem of keeping serial numbers sequential between two
transmitters in Multi-Single should no longer be an issue, because you're
not supposed to be using two transmitters in Multi-Single.

Please do not debate the WPX Rule changes here -- use the CQ-Contest
reflector for that.