No subject

Fri Aug 28 11:50:45 CEST 2009

Adding WK2 Support to your Application
Here are the fast track steps to add WK2 support.
1) Check Version: WK2 will return the version number when the open
command is issued
just like WK1, if the return value is 20 (decimal) or higher then WK2 is
connected.
2) WK2 only accepts ADMIN commands when closed: This should be a
non-issue, WK1
would accept commands even when the interface was closed ! No
application should
operate that way so this should not impact your application.
3) New Recommended Initialization Procedure: The original open procedure
outlined for
WK1 will work for WK2 but this one will make transitioning back and
forth to standalone
operation much smoother. This procedure will still work fine for WK1.
1) Open the serial communication interface (same as WK1)
2) Delay 400 ms to allow WK1 to init from power up
3) Send four 13H null commands, this syncs WK's command parser with the
host
4) Use the echo command to be sure that something is connected, if a WK
doesn't respond with in 2 seconds abort and present error to user.
5) Issue the open command and read back the WK version
6) WK is now ready to use.
7) Load WK's settings either by block or individually.