[WT-support] Auto CQ

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 31 19:53:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Francisco Hennessey Jr. HK3W <hk3w at hk3w.com
> wrote:

>  *When calling using this function, the other station answers, i put his
> callsign to send the report and auto cq still calls and overlaps the
> transmition of the other station. It supposed that the program stops
> transmition when I put the caller's call, right? or what I'm doing wrong?*

Are you saying that you see the word "REPEAT" in the bottom right corner of
the RATE Window, but typing a callsign in the logging area does not make
Win-Test stop sending immediately?  Is this on Phone, CW, or RTTY?  Are you
using LPT, COM port, DVK via LPT, or WinKey?

If you type in the *Secondary Radio Window*, Win-Test does not halt the
repeating CQ, and that is how it is supposed to work.  But you didn't
mention that window, so maybe you are not doing that.

Do you have $CQ, $ALTERNATECQ, or $REPEAT programmed into any of your CW
messages?  Type MSGS to see what everything contains.

Please describe what you are doing, step-by-step, e.g.:

   1. MSGS
   2. Program F1:  CQ $MYCALL $MYCALL
   3. Program F2:  $RST $SERIAL
   4. Program [Insert]: $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $F2
   5. Program [+]:  $CORRECT TU $MYCALL $CR
   6. Press OK
   7. Type NORUNSP to disable RUN/S&P switching
   8. Type RPTDELAY and set repeat delay to 2.5 seconds
   9. Press OK
   10. Press F1.  CQ Starts.  Rate window says "REPEAT."  CQ Repeats OK
   11. Start typing a callsign.  "REPEAT" disappears immediatley from rate
   window.  (In your case, it does not disappear?)
   12. Press INSERT to send exchange
   13. Enter received exchange and Press [+]
   14. Press F1 to restart the repeating CQ

Some people put $REPEAT at the end of the [+] message, so that they can skip
step 14.  Did you do that, or did you put $REPEAT somewhere else?