[WT-support] WinKey

sm5ajv at qrq.se sm5ajv at qrq.se
Mon Aug 31 10:30:48 CEST 2009

Thanks Bob for your reply!

The WAIT_MASK was reported by portmon.exe and I think it
is some low level setting in the serial communications.
I think its used to set up an interrupt for changes in the
serial communications, so the host process don't have to
poll the serial port all the time. It has nothing to do
with the WK protocol.

I am using the supplied driver from K1EL.

N1MM is working with no problem on the very same computer,
so I don't think it is a driver problem. For instance
N1MM is starts the communications with several 'NULL' commands
as recommended by K1EL, while WT doesn't.

Still when using portmon.exe I monitor the WK-port and
I can't see any other process communicating with the WK.
And I haven't seen any process issuing the Farnsworth
command.

I am not sure, but I have not found any way of make save
of settings in the HOST MODE. Settings done in STANDALONE
MODE are not valid in HOST MODE.

I am still curious to hear the developers view on this?
And I am quite interested to get this working for the upcoming
Scandinavian Activity Contest.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E