[WT-support] WinKey

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Sun Aug 30 00:37:11 CEST 2009

The WinKeyUSB with WT is a real pain and I have tried to further
investigate
what's happening.

I have been using portmon.exe to monitor the COM communication between
WT and Winkeyer and compared who N1MM is behaving in the same
situation.

One big difference is that WT is polling the Winkeyer more frequently
compared
to N1MM. N1MM sets up a WAIT_MASK instead. I think this may be the reason
behind the bad response of the paddle when as long as WT is running.

Maybe this also have some dependency towards the Farnsworth problem?
I could not see anything in the two dumps that are dealing with the
Farnsworth
at all. Perhaps all is related to some timing issue?

I would like to hear what the developers think about the Winkeyer issue?
I can provide communications dumps from portmon.exe  if you are interested
to compare the communications.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E