[WT-support] registration problems / DK8TU

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Aug 28 19:45:51 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:43 AM, <markus.nagl at online.de> wrote:

>  I have purchased Win-Test during last Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen.
> I have registered my 2 computers on the web page, received the registartion
> keys and filled all the fields in the demo version of Win-Test.
> However - I am still in the demo modus and have to press kex #1, #2 or #3.
> What did I do wrong? What do I need to do, to get regular access to
> Win-Test?
> Please let me know!
>
> 73, Markus (DK8TU)

Which "demo version" are you running?  Type VERSION [Enter].  Perhaps you
are running the V3 demo but you registered version 4?

Try installing a fresh copy of Win-Test WT 4.1.0 (non-demo) from:

http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin

Sign on with your callsign and the password you should have received in an
email shortly after purchasing Win-Test.  Try the registration keys.  If
they don't work, re-register.  If they still don't work, and you're running
version 4.1, something is wrong.

FYI, do not copy WT.INI from one machine to another, as that also forces you
to re-enter the registration key.

After registering, and entering the keys, you should see them being saved in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Win-Test\cfg\wt.ini

like this:

[Options]
RegisterValidationKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
RegisterCallsign=DK8TU
RegisterComputerSN=XXX-XXXX-XXXXXX
AccountNumber=XXXX