[WT-support] put to discussion: handling of incoming QTC traffic

Schubert, Thomas Thomas.Schubert at andrew.com
Fri Aug 21 08:24:52 CEST 2009

Good morning together,

thank you all for your ideas.

I was thinking mainly of WAEDC -SSB  (as I am too slow for CW ).

I had my first WEDC-SSB in 1994 (with paper-log) and took part since
then not every year due to QRL issues.

For my understanding:

1.	recording and typing QTC after the contest:

I do not belive that this is against the rules, as the QTC have been
received during the contest, the time when you type them into your log
does not matter. (Same as logging on paper and typing the log after the
contest)

2. Sure it is a lot of work to type them after the contest (usually
several hours) but the gain of time during the contest is remarkable,
even if there  are 5 or 10 QTC lost due to QRM and so on.

3. As the QTC header is entered during the contest for a specific call
(p.ex.: AA1AA 103/10), no matter if QSO or only QTC-QSO, the SW knows
that from AA1AA are received 10 QTC and it was his 103. row of QTCs.
With the header also the time and QRG  is logged. Only the individual
QTC datas (time, call, number) are typed later. (This is of course
possible with WT)

My main point was (or still is) that WT demands the full QTC data
entered to put it valid, instead only the header.

Nevertheless we will see in September how it goes.

73,

Tom.

DK1GO

this email is prohibited.