[WT-support] WT 4 & Remapping keys

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 10 19:53:49 CEST 2009

Steve,

Chances are you just pressed the keys in the wrong order.  If you want to
define [;] to work like [Insert], the sequence is [Add], then [;], then
finally [INSERT].

Win-Test labels [;] the "Redefined key" and [INSERT] the "New Key" but it is
really the "New *function*" of the redefined key.  So, it is easy to get it
backwards.  When you're done, the new key (the "Redefined key") is actually
in the left column, and the "New function" is on the right as shown in the
documentation:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Tools#Redefine_keyboard_keys

So I suggest deleting all the definitions, then start over.

Note that instead of reprogramming every key one at a time, if you are
comfortable editing text files and using copy/paste, you can just replace
the

[RedefinedKeys]

section of your new V4 wt.ini file with the contents of the same section in
the old V3 wt.ini file.

For those that follow the "Tips for migrating from Win-Test V3 to V4":

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2009-July/077694.html

this happens automatically.  If you start over with this migration
procedure, you'll have to re-enter your V4 reg. key the first time you start
WT4.

After pressing [Add], the first key you press is the one you