[WT-support] Win Rotators not working with Rotor-EZ

Franco IZ4MJP franco at iz4mjp.com
Fri Aug 7 11:25:15 CEST 2009

I own a Yaesu G-800 SDX Rotator equipped with a Rotator-EZ
controller by Idiom Press.

The controller is active on COM 10 (4.800/8/1/N).

This setup is working fine win my log software, HRD and other
applications as well.

I set-up the WT Rotor using a "Hy Gain DCU-1" protocols (the same
used on other SW).

When i initialise the connection, a window shows me this msg:

COM10 To G-800 SDX failed to open. Com Port Already in use?

Obviously this port is not in use as all the softwares are not
running and no one "ping" this port.

I've tried some other setups in WT Rotor but the problem persist.

I've point out on the COM port configuration (WT Rotator doesn't
allow me to change RS-232 parameters as speed, Stop Bits ecc) that i
believe are automatically selected by the software.

Someone else is living this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

73, Franco
IZ4MJP