[WT-support] QSO numbers again

Eugene Kuznetsov mail at astrojohn.ru
Tue Aug 4 12:02:19 CEST 2009

Bob N6TV:

> In the "good old days," when we were all writing on paper log
> sheets at multi-ops, there was no practical way to "reserve" a
> serial number in the middle of a QSO, so why is it suddenly a
> "requirement" that our contest software has to have serial number
> reservation capability?  If the contest sponsors still accept paper
> logs from multi-ops, then they still need to make it practical to
> handle serial numbers on paper, for example, by starting with 001 on each band or each band/mode.

This solution is acceptable only for Multi-Multi stations.

Many years ago, when we used paper logs we had "leading" OP. When I
need to send a serial number I must cry "Give me a number" to leading
OP. Leading OP tell me a number "123" and then I answer "I got it" or
"I don't get it". Number reservation is analog of this procedure.

Many Multi-Single and Multi-Two clubs have several OPs on each band.
One OP is calling CQ and one or two another are searching.

Such operation in contests with serial numbers is infernal torment;)

I think number reservation is necessary.

--
73! Eugene RK1AA