[WT-support] Problems with running on K3

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Fri Apr 24 20:54:27 CEST 2009

Bill ...  I can't help with SO2R configuration, but I do the Win-Test Setups
for the K3LR M/M Station so maybe I can help you off Reflector.

In general, most of the Windows Win-Test can display can be opened from the
WINDOWS Menu.  Some have CT Key-Commands, but new Windows like the Band Map
do not.  The two Band Maps are displayed via   WINDOWS*RADIO 1 and
WINDOWS*RADIO 2.

Also, right-clicking in any Window brings up PROPERTIES for THAT Window.
The Bottom Property is always CONTEXTUAL HELP for that Window.  That can
save a LOT of searching for the configuration choices for the different
Windows.

ALT-A brings up the familiar ANNOUNCEMENTS Window.  You'll want to make sure
to right-click in BOTH the RADIO 1 / 2 and ANNOUCEMENTDS Windows because
there are a variety of properties you'll want to configure.  For example
DISPLAY OPTIONS.  When you see a  >   to the right of a Menu Item, that
means there is a submenu of choices.  The DISPLAY OPTIONS for the
ANNOUCEMENTS Window are TIME, COMMENTS, HEADING, SENDER, CUT COMMENTS.  They
are different for the BAND MAP Windows.

Finally, OPTIONS*LOG is where the ROOT LOGGING WINDOW is configured.  You
can change the Font Size, Heading Color, Heading Alignment, Log Color and
ect. here.

One other IMPORTANT item for you to review is OPTIONS*BANDPLAN.  You need to
review the DEFAULT BANDPLAN because you may not like the Frequency Limits
may no agree with the local License Regulations.  That's the first thing I
changed at K3LR!!  You can have MULTIPLE Bandplans - or just CUSTOMIZE the
DEFAULT to your wishes.  My vague memory is that this will affect which
Spots are displayed to you.

Hope this gets you started ..

73 -* Dave, W9ZRX

  _____