[WT-support] CQWW RTTY observations

Lup S. DJ7SW dj7sw at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 21:39:23 CEST 2008

Hello friends,
 i asked that just some days ago. For RTTY-AFSK we need a switch that holds the transceiver in LSB on all bands regardless of the definition in bandplan and still loads the MMTTY. To overcome the inbuilt bandplan-feature i defined the RTTY band for the highest ten KHZ of every band (tnx DL4NER) and then use Packet instead of LSB. That prevents the switching from LSB to USB every trcvr does when getting higher than 10Mhz. This works for my FT1000MP,  for a FT2000 however the manual states that all audio inputs are closed when using RTTY (means rx stying always on the same sideband) and therefore only FSK is possible during transmit. So again: what about a switch, sending LSB together with band up or down to the TCVR?

Lup, DJ7SW

mailto:dj7sw at yahoo.com