[WT-support] Cant read old log

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 18 21:56:57 CEST 2008

My understanding is that Win-Test 3.21 is supposed to automatically read and
convert any old Win-Test binary file, going all the way back to WT Version
2, so it is possible that the .wtb file is corrupted (broken).

Do you still have the Cabrillo file for this log?  Perhaps it is saved in an
outgoing email folder?  Or if it is a CQ WW log, the Cabrillo file may be
online, and you can download it.

If so, select File, Import, Cabrillo and Win-Test will create a new .wtb
file.

Otherwise, if you can open the WTB file with version 3.15, but not with
version 3.21, then I think that's a bug.  Export to Cabrillo with 3.15 and
try to re-import with 3.21.