[WT-support] WT registration problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Oct 20 22:44:49 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 1:13 PM, TMorton <cx7tt at 4email.net> wrote:

> I have purchased WT quite some time ago Version 3  and after downloading
> latest upgrade I get the message that this is a demo and click to close
> the program. I went to the website and entered again the customer
> number, computer and software numbers...
> How do I (you) fix this?

Fix what?  Are you still in demo. mode?  It sounds like you did the right
thing.

"You will then receive an email, to the address you gave when
ordering<http://www.win-test.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=1840>,
including the registration key".

Are you asking how come you had to re-register?

Losing registration will happen if you erase or overwrite the WT.INI file,
or if you install Win-Test on a new computer, or install the Win-Test
upgrade in a new folder.  Was Win-Test already running at the time you
attempted to install the upgrade?  I guess it's possible that could currupt
the WT.INI file.  The Win-Test upgrade shouldn't touch WT.INI.

Perhaps this may happen if you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista,
then install the Win-Test upgrade, though I'm not sure about this.