[WT-support] SO2R and LPT - next attempt

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 25 10:53:04 CET 2008

Franta,
Try this:

   1. RPTDELAY [Enter]
   2. Set the delay to about 2.2 seconds
   3. Check "Enable automatic repeating CQ" and press [OK]
   4. Press [F1].  CQ starts.
   5. Press [CapsLock].  Note the the repeating CQs continues transmitting
   on Radio 1.
   6. Enter and dupe check all you want in the secondary radio window, the
   CQ keeps repeating on Radio 1.
   7. Press [F4] to make a call on the secondary radio.  CQing stops
   immediately on Radio 1.
   8. Press [F2] to send your exchange, then press [Enter] to log it
   9. Press [CapsLock] and [F1] to resume the CQ cycle on Radio 1
   11. If someone answers your CQ, press [CapsLock] to switch back to Radio
   1 and press [Escape] to stop the repeat, or press [CapsLock] and start
   typing the call as this will also interrupt the repeating CQ.

This technique works OK for me except when I want to transmit on Radio 2
with the paddle.  To do that I have to press a function key first, or use
[*] to swap windows.

Perhaps CT1BOH can recommend a simpler way to do SO2R that doesn't involve
pressing so many buttons.  I've tried using the "Shift" key to enter data in
the secondary radio window, but I find it makes too much work for my pinky
fingers.  I am a touch-typist, so I keep switching from left Shift to right
Shift as I type and that's even more work.  CapsLock is a little easier.