[WT-support] SO2R and LPT - next attempt

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Nov 24 19:31:34 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Franta Bendl <dj0zy at i--i.de> wrote:

> I mentioned already two weeks ago, there is an issue in behaviour of
> the parallel port in the SO2R mode. The pin 14 (Active radio) doesn't
> (quite) follow the "active radio".

The way Win-Test works today, you have to use the [*] key to immediately
change the transmitter focus (pin 14).  The [CapsLock] key merely changes
the data entry focus, and doesn't change transmitter focus until you press
[F4] or some other memory to make a call.

However, there is a bug in that pressing [F4], say, while the Secondary
Radio Window is yellow, changes the transmitter OK on CW, and when using the
internal sound card DVK, but it doesn't work when using an external DVK
controlled via LPT.  I opened Bug Report
#220<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=220>to track
this.

Remember, you may wish to have a repeating CQ going on Radio 1 while you
type in callsigns in the secondary radio window.  So you don't want the
transmitter focus to change immediately when you press [CapsLock].  It only
changes when you press a function key or the [*] key.