[WT-support] Parallel-Port question WT & TS 850

Lorenz Grassl lenz at lenz-grassl.de
Mon Nov 10 13:12:00 CET 2008

Hi Bob,

>     - with the VOX-switch set to "manual" WT keys the PTT (ON AIR is lit)
>     but no HF is transmitted. The display still shows "S" instead of "PWR"
>     while I can hear the sidetone from the TS850.
>

> I don't understand -- the CW sidetone indicates Win-test starts
> immediately, but zero power output?  It is as if PTT is not pressed?
>  Does your LCU-KEY (?) use Pin 16 and ground for PTT to the radio?
When PTT is "pushed" by WT the TRX doesn´t switch the display from "S"
to "PWR". The effect is like PTT is not pressed (no HF transmitted) BUT
the ON AIR-LED is lit! LCU-Key uses PIN 16 for PTT and 17 for CW.

>     - with the VOX-switch set to "VOX" PTT is keyed, Display still
>     shows "S"
>     instead of "PWR"
>     - after the TX-delay the sidetone comes up and the display shows
>     "PWR",
>     HF is transmitted.
>

> TX-delay?  You mean CW PTT ON delay as shown in the attachment?  What
> is the value?
Yes, I ment CW PTT ON delay. For testing I set it to 1000mS to see what
happens. But the value is not the problem.

> I don't think this applies here, but some laptops (especially IBM /
> Lenovo ThinkPad) use a different printer port address than most
> desktops.  See this link
> <http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Printer_Ports> for
> instructions how to determine the address being used by your printer
> port, and how to tell Win-Test to use it.
The adress is ok. If it is not ok nothing would happen.

73 de Lenz