[WT-support] SO2R and parallel port

EA4TX - Pablo ea4tx at ea4tx.com
Sat Nov 8 17:56:48 CET 2008

Franta,

Your radio selection (Pin 14) is working properly on CW. This pin is used
for select the radio TX'ing so if you check your situation log, each radio
selection was OK during the TX.

In my case, it works as you have written, so the pin 14 will activate some
relays inside your homebrew controller and will route the PTT, CW and Mic
towards Radio 1 or 2.

My setup is as follows:

 Port 378
 DVK - On
 Extended DVK - On
 DVK/Stop - On
 Band data - Off
 Active Radio - On
 Stereo RX audio - On (Pin 5)
 Headphones Control - On
 CW and PTT - Off   (I use a microKEYER so CW is generated with Virtual COM
Port -> WinKey) that is routed with a relay (similar to the mic input/ptt)
to Radio 1 / 2.

So maybe the difference is that you thought that "Caps Lock" could activate
"ALL TIME" pin 14 High (R1) or LOW (R2).

On CW with the F1,F2, .... +, INS, will work OK, because when you press any
key, WT will activate or not this radio selection (pin 14) properly... The
problem could be present, on SSB because you can press the MIC PTT manually
and WT will not control in this situation the radio selection properly...
I'm not a SSB operator, so I have never checked it before.... But now during
some test.... Maybe you are right, and this signal should be ALWAYS as
HIGH/LOW as soon as you press the "Caps Lock".

73's Pablo - EA4TX