[WT-support] NT in SS

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Nov 3 20:17:00 CET 2008

2008/11/3 Paul Hudson <va3cwa at gmail.com>

> That file still does not work correctly. My Win-Test thinks NT is NTX
> unless I add the following line:
>
> NT          NT
>
> Then all is normal for me.
>
> 73, Paul, VE3TA

Paul,

It sounds like you may still have the old version of ARRLSEC.DAT in your
Win-Test directory, or you edited the current one instead of downloading the
new one <http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/ARRLSEC.DAT>.
There is never a reason to add a line like "NT   NT" to an equivalence (or
"synonym") file.  This file is not a list of ARRL section multipliers (note
that SCV isn't listed, for example).  It is a list of alternate spellings
for the standard multipliers.

Old file:

# ARRL & RAC sections equivalences Win-Test file
#
# RELEASE 2007.08.06.00
NT    NTX    <-- This line needs to be deleted

New File <http://download.win-test.com/files/equivalence/ARRLSEC.DAT>:

# ARRL & RAC sections equivalences Win-Test file (Tnx N6TV)
#
# RELEASE 2007.11.01.00   <--- Check the date
NF    NL      <-- These lines were added, and the "NT  NTX" line was deleted
NWT   NT

During the ARRL Sweepstakes contest, I heard a confused operating send his
ARRL section as "SWF" (Southwest Florida??).  No such section.  Maybe he
meant WCF (West Central Florida)?  I don't think we need to add SWF to the
equivalence file, at least not yet. :-)