[WT-support] Some SO2R experiences

SM5AJV - Ingemar sm5ajv at tdcmail.se
Wed May 28 22:40:21 CEST 2008

I have just recently started to use WinTest and I am
very satisfied so far.

Earlier I was using TRLOG with an home brew SO2R-switchbox
connected to the LPT-port. Could it be used with an USB-port
and WinTest? Inspired by W4TV suggestions in NCJ I added
some switches to the RTS and DTR lines in the WinKeyer USB
and connected into the box. YES! It worked! It was very
nice to have the scenario stuff working for the very first
time. The set-up for RTS and DTR worked UFB.
Another suggestion of W4TV is to connect DSR to an foot-
switch but I couldn't find any support in WT for that.

So congrats to a very UFB software that can make SO2R RX audio
switching work with very simple hardware.

For some reason I didn't get the PTT-signals from the WinKeyer
working proper, but it might be my own fault. I'll have to
investigate this more.

When I was playing around with the SO2R-switches, shift-bind etc.
I found one annoyance. If I enable shift-bind second radio and
Inadvertently I had pushed CAPS LOCK and didn't understand why
my keystrokes didn't work. I even restarted the program before
I realized the mistake. Maybe the shift-bind things should be
disable automatically when in SO1R?

I also agree with ES5TV about having a quicker way to control
CWAUTOOFF etc. Typing the 9 letters when your tired is sometimes
frustrating :-)

73 de Ingo
SE5E / 8S5A / SM5AJV