[WT-support] WPX CW 2008 reflections

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue May 27 23:49:57 CEST 2008

Hi again

Tõnno Vähk a écrit :

(snip)

> So given that I need to rewrite the messages every time before every contest and given that S&P messages have to be set separately now I would at least like to have an option to replicate S&P messsages from RUN messages. And a simple button of ignoring S&P messages and using RUN messages in both modes would be just great.

OK. I got it, now. Tnx for your clear explanations.

> 2. I am not a programmer and I am sorry but I read your posts very calmly and carefully:)

It was a joke, obviously ;-)

> In my mind there are two issues here. One is user's ability to set his own default CW messages that come up for every contest file he uses. The other issue is like Bob suggested having option to synchronize CW messages over networked computers having one computer a master (like time for example). Or then have a menu item that allows you to copy messages to all other computers in the network when executed and not being synchronized later any more. That is better of course - just having this button to send the set CW messages from one computer to all the other computers in the network. So I am quite uncertain as to how easy it is to program either of those features but I am quite certain that those are two different issues we are talking about here:)

It is different issues, but they both are related to the messages
management we intend to deeply modify to make it more flexible. We added
many things along the time (SO2R scenarios messages, RTTY messages, S&P
messages, etc.) under (friendly) pressure, and it should be totally
refactored to introduce new features like the ones you're describing.

> Unfortunately I am unable to attend FHN this year as we have ES hams summer meeting during this weekend. Everybody is welcome of course:)

Too bad, at least for us :-(

73

Larry