[WT-support] WPX CW 2008 reflections

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Mon May 26 22:31:48 CEST 2008

I'd rather be accurate in the subject line as those emails are repeating every year and easier to find later:))

We used latest version 3.20 at ES9C M/2 this time.

Positive:

-The crash at opening problem seems to be fixed in 3.20!!! Thanks guys. Whatever you did, it must have worked. I did not have any more any crashes at opening log file in Baltic contest or WPX at any computer! It is definitely gone!

-ByeByeCT works good to get so necessary extra CW messages.

Negative:

- Sometimes still network drops out (Packet Stream Error or Network disabled messages, etc..) and reload is needed for specific computer to get it back on line. But this might be a user specific issue, maybe RF issue or sth... Funny thing is that in some occasions WT selects the Disable log syncronisation option itself and you keep wondering why the Qs are not coming in...

Crucial wishlist still burning our minds and I have to constantly tell to ops that WT guys are working on it:

1. $N+1 variable would be SO SO appreciated to be able to send the one after next number in WPX multi OP. It causes so many problems now to send manually and ops mess up it often.

2. I see in your nightly build that changing to S&P mode disables REPEAT mode. Good. But WHAT ABOUT AUTO SENDING?? This is the first thing that should be disabled! It is really troublesome now.

3. In S&P mode Autofilling the Callsign window when tuning on spot. That would be so good to have! When the callsign goes yellow on Bandmap, why can't you have an option to AUTOFILL the callsign window? So much extra work is done by ops now to do it themselves.

4. Shortcuts for AUTOCQ and AUTOSEND ON/OFF. Especially AUTOSEND is so hard to get into in the menu. I recommend CTRL+C and CTRL+V again! And AUTOCQ for other messages then F1 would be very useful also!

SMALLER THINGS:

1. Would be good to have option to duplicate RUN messages to S&P messages. (Selectable radio button or sth like that) It does not make sense to have different set of messages even when you use S&P mode. Normal people are not sending DE.. etc:) The same messages are perfect and avoid confusion. Now they all have to be copied one by one from RUN messages and takes quite some time to seto up a big network of computers.

2. And again of course: I hope I will live to see the day when I can have my personal default CW messages and do not need to change all the messages painfully manually in every single computer before every single contest. The hope dies last!!

73
es5tv