[WT-support] RSGB HFCC data mode contests

Andy Hewitt andyphewitt at btopenworld.com
Mon May 12 13:17:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

            If any one is using Win-Test in these contests perhaps they may
be able to assist with a couple of difficulties I have been having.

The first and the most difficult is that there is a 30-100Hz frequency
difference between my AFSK transmit and receive tone frequencies. As stns
seem to be using narrow cw filters in these contests due to the QRM in
search and pounce mode I supposedly net onto them but due to the frequency
difference they do not copy me. I have tried this in tests recently with two
other stations and both note the same problem. It does not occur with MixW.

The other problem is that CQing in RUN mode and calling a station in S&P
mode using the F keys (F1) there is a repeat function which I cannot get to
release. The escape key should release this but it does not work. Rather
than have the auto repeat I would prefer to have to hit the F1 key each time
but I cannot see how to get out of this.

Has anyone else suffered from these problems or can anybody please help me
to resolve them?

73

Andy G3SVD