[WT-support] WinTest/Other Progs - Other Contests

AC0W ac0w at charter.net
Thu May 8 05:02:48 CEST 2008

Having read all the posts for this thread I decided it was time to add my
opinion on the contests a contest logging program supports. I will add up
front that I understand that what I am about to suggest is not possible for
Version 3.xx and most likely not possible for version 4.xx but should be
considered for version 5 due to the changes needed to the core program.

While there are many contests and many different rules, most contests have
similar basis for their rules and scoring. Enough so that two popular DOS
based programs (TR & NA) found a way to implement into their programs a
method the end use could easily add almost any contest they wanted to
operate. I have used this feature myself many times for lesser known
contests and QSO Parties.

With the advancement in software since both TR and NA were introduced I
would think this would be a standard feature in all contest logging
programs. However, I have yet to find a Windows based contest logging
program to include this feature.

So as you look at improvements in the future, it may pay to also look at TR
and NA to see what features from these fine DOS based programs that could be
incorporated to advance WT to hopefully make it the next standard in
contesting software.

Bill
AC0W