[WT-support] Main advantages of Win-Test over Writelog / N1MM?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue May 6 23:09:04 CEST 2008

I've been asked to give a presentation about Win-Test at the next meeting of
the Northern California Contest Club on Monday.  Other popular contest
software such as Writelog and N1MM will also be presented.  I haven't used
these other two programs much, so I am not sure of their capabilities and
limitations.  I mainly switched to Win-Test because I was used to CT, it was
an easy conversion, and Win-Test has a great reputation amongst top
contesters, especially in Europe.

If anyone on this list has used Writelog or N1MM, but then settled on
Win-Test, what do you see as the main advantages of Win-test over these
other two programs?  A feature-by-feature comparison table isn't that
helpful; please describe the most important differences.

Thanks.