[WT-support] Feedback from Russian DX Contest

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 23 17:03:41 CET 2008

This was my first serious outing with Win-Test. I'd been planning to move
over from TR for some time, but needed to do some work to the station to
move to sound card DVP and have Win-Test control my homebrew SO2R box.
Proper support for packet and Russian Oblasts as mults made me do it for
RDXC!

Other than needing to get my brain configured for how SO2R works with
Win-Test rather than TR, and get SO2R configured right on Win-Test I ran
across the following problems

1. If you are running on one radio (say Radio 1) on CW, and grab a mult on
Radio 2 on SSB by double clicking in the bandmap while in mid QSO on radio
1, After younhave logged the current QSO on Radio 1 Radio 1 will change mode
to SSB on the PC (but not on the radio). I THINK that Radio 2 will probably
have gone to the mult on CW rather than SSB. The same thing happened in
reverse if you were running on SSB and grabbed a CW mult, or with radio 2
and radio 1 reversed.

2. I had one occasion where my DVP audio from the PC was a bit chopped up
(at about a few hundred ms rate). Restarting Win-Test solved this. P4, 1.6
GHz, Win XP SP2, 1 Gb RAM.

That's all I remember now! Thanks for the hard work in developing such a
solid program. See you all in WPX SSB as M6T.

73,

Andy, G4PIQ