[WT-support] after RDXC

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Mar 17 23:11:38 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Boris Knezovic T93Y <t93y at lol.ba> wrote:

> It seems like problem in code because after ? appeared I have
> immediately tried SH which did not work too. It looks to me that
> Oblasts.dat lists possible abbreviations you can enter for some oblasts...

Definitely not a code problem.  The "?" appears because first Win-Test
translates "YA" to "SH" (because of the line in oblasts.dat), and then since
"SH" is not listed as an Oblast multiplier in cty_obl.dat (it's lists YA),
SH is treated as "unknown".

So do either ONE of these things to fix it (but not both):

1. Change (YA) to (SH) in cty_obl.dat
-or-
2. Reverse YA and SH in oblasts.dat

Then you can enter either YA or SH and they both count as the same Oblast.

I found out "SH" stands for "Sakha" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakutia