[WT-support] WT & Microham MK2R+

Braco OE1EMS oe1ems at emssolutions.at
Sun Mar 16 23:03:18 CET 2008

hi mike and others,

i used for frist time Wintest (3.19) and MK2R+
in compare to EZMAster MK2R+ have much more possiblitoes but it´s very hard
to setup everything right!

i took me one day to study manual and setup and test configuration....
finaly no problem with CW and SSB mesages
but much other problems....
i used configuration with 2 foot switch each radio one with option "first
one wins"
many times (from the begining) when i was in maual mode (switching audio or
TX focus by my self)
MK2R+ or wintest hang and i was not able to key any radio!
finaly after some time MK2R+ was "frozen" no recation just some buzzer ton
from inside
off/on did´t help....try to restat MK2R software and wintest did´t help,
also no luck with rebuting PC
after disconectiong all cables from MK2R+  and  conecting everything again
after some time (10-20 min i think)
it start to work again but still  had same  problems with keying!

another problem was with alternate cqing
when i was in secondary radio window (logging using "caps lock binds
secundary radio")
and start with altarnate cqing scenario all cq where send it only to one
radio!
only possibility was to change to main logging window and start with cqing!

also few times i was not able to use auto sending fuction and auto cqing
when i was in secondary radio window ("caps lock")

CW was not so good using  clasic keying over MK2R+ comport (i think not very
good ratio between dots and dashes)
i change this to Winkey and this was UFB!

after 3-4 hours i give up and change setup to SO1R using MK II and made just
few more QSO´s in SO1R mode  till end of contest.....
it look like MKII have some problems with RFI...did notice this on 80m and
40m (only in SSB mode without using DVK)

i am still not sure, did i made some failures in MK2R+ or in WT
configuratins......or maybe some other kind of failure?!

73 de OE1EMS/T93J
Braco