[WT-support] Networking different versions

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 27 23:14:04 CEST 2008

2008/6/27 Bob-N4CU <n4cu-2 at s125890533.onlinehome.us>:

>  I would like to get a verification on the manual.  It says, "(For example
> do *not* run version 3.0.7 on one computer and version 3.1.0 on another.)"
> .   I can understand V2 and V3 may be incompatable but we had several
> computers getting ready for FD.  Some were 3.19 and some were 3.20.   We
> erased and reload the 3.20 to 3.19.  Was this necessary.  It seemed to work.
> Bob,  N4CU

According to the release
notes<http://download.win-test.com/nightly/release.txt>,
Network Protocol 1.21 was released in version 3.17, and Network Protocol
1.22 in version 3.21.  Therefore I would bet that 3.19 and 3.20 were
compatible, and your "downgrade" to 3.19 probably wasn't strictly necessary.

However, if any machine in the network is running 3.21 or 3.16, then it's a
different story.