[WT-support] Network Connection over VPN

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 14:38:43 CET 2008

For example for remote operation. I use wintest on a remote PC via VNC  for casual contesting when I am away from my QTH. An other doable option is to use serial-over-IP but that has some troubles and limitations as well.

The ideal solution (dream scenario) would be to run a piece of SW on the remote PC to handle the peripherials which communicates with the local WT via a legacy protocol. However it presumably requires turning the code upside-down and inside-out so I keep it in the dream section.

HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) earned immense popularity and not only among the whistles-and-bells-chasers but also among dxers because it offers a working full-scale solution for remote operation which is often the only possibility for the urban ppl in todays world to get QRV.

73!

zoli ha1ag