[WT-support] WT and FT-2000

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 14 05:38:48 CET 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 7:16 PM, <gdadx2 at clearwire.net> wrote:

> I have a few questions.  First,  I am unable to get the CAT working with
> the
> FT-2000 and Microkeyer.

It should work fine.  Follow the interface configuration
procedure<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Interfaces#Interface_configuration>.
In sum.

   1. In the main logging window, type SETUP [Enter]
   2. In the Configure Interfaces
Dialog<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Configure_interfaces...>,
   at the bottom, select Radio 1:  FT-2000
   3. Check the box next to the COM port connected to your radio, select
   Radio 1, and press the [Configure ...] button for that COM port.
   4. In the COM port properties
dialog<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Serial_Ports>(page
just updated a few minutes ago to match version
   3.18),* press the [FT-2000 deafult settings] button *and press [OK].
   5. If you are using microHAM virtual COM ports, as opposed to real
   hardware COM ports to your rig, these must be created first as shown
   in the Win-Test
manual<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/SO2R/MK2R/Setup#Device_Router_COM_ports_creation>
   .