[WT-support] How much Ram

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Jan 14 00:24:29 CET 2008

My French is not good Gilles.  :-)

> Depending system tom. WinTest not hungrily of memory or
> machine time.

OK, we have Windows XP Professional and Pentium III at about
1000 MHz CPU on several computers.

For most contests we have main Run radio, assist for Run
receivers only (partner mode), Multiplier radio that can
help either run instantly, and a second Run radio.

For the 160 meter contest we will have Run, assist run
(partner mode), and multiplier.

I assume around 300-350kb of free RAM space is  good enough
for anything???

De
> Luxe with X98SE or Me where 512 Mo but with new X64
> (cheat) coding systems 2 Go at least even wt not busy
> more.

I am not sure what that means Gilles. Two of our machines
have 1000 meg Ram or more free. They are on the Run radios
or in the 160 contest the run and multiplier radios.  The
assist (partner) computers have 300 meg free but never send
CW, they just pass calls to the run radio operator.  The
multiplier radio will use a ~400-500 MB  free RAM space.

I tested the RAM free space with the contest windows all
open and DX telnet but no big  log or CW sending going on.

73 Tom