[WT-support] wtTunnel program error

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 21:50:56 CET 2008

I'm running a small VPN network here to test the Tunnel software for the IARU contest later this year.

The laptop running the WTTunnel client program v1.9 (and Hamachi and WT 3.18) was busy synchronising (I'd added 6,000 QSO's with a keyboard emulator program on another laptop). However, I received a Windows message along the lines of 'Virtual memory is running low, Windows has allocated more memory'.

I left it running but a little later I had a complete Win-test and tunnel failure with the following error message:

WtCom:wtTunnel.exe  - Application error

the exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x77e413ba.
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

I pressed CANCEL but it closed the window.

On restarting the tunnel and Win-test, the log file was empty! Fortunately the 14,000 odd qso's in the log resynchronized without problem.

I seem to remember an email on here about virtual memory problems. I don't know if its of any significance, but I was watching Task Manager as the log was re-synching and the memory usage by wtTunnel was steadily increasing. Even after the synchronization the memory usage continued to increase, albeit more slowly. I expected it to decrease after synchronization had finished! Not sure if that is an issue or not.

Thanks.

John G4IRN.