[WT-support] CW Speed variations

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Feb 26 22:36:35 CET 2008

As has been mentioned here before, it would be nice if Win-Test supported
paddle input on the LPT port like TRlog and CTWin.  I know that the
developers have considered it, but were concerned about timing issues that
this new feature might introduce.

Perhaps a compromise would be for Win-Test to support LPT keying as it does
today, but recognize when an external USB keyer like a Winkeyer2 is
receiving paddle input, and immediately interrupt any CW messages being sent
via LPT.

I just opened bug report
191<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=191>for a
related issue, the Winkeyer paddles don't cancel a repeating CQ (set
up by the text command RPT), even when everything is being done by a
Winkeyer.