[WT-support] CQWW CW Multi Single - Logs not quite in Sync

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 14 18:57:41 CET 2008

We ran WinTest from M6T as a multi-single during CQWW CW and the overall
experience was that it was excellent.

One odd point is that our logs across 5 computers (RUN, MULT, 2 spotters and
one in the house) didn't quite keep in sync. I've only got the logfiles from
the RUN and MULT stations since these were obviously the only places where
QSOs were made.

The RUN and MULT station were both running V3.23 from the start of the
contest (although I did change the type of CTY file that the MULT computer
used from CTY.DAT to CTY_MOD.DAT mid contest). There were two valid
multiplier QSOs (a VP2 and a JT) made on the MULT station which didn't make
it to the RUN station logs.

I upgraded a couple of the other PCs mid-contest from V3.22 to V3.23 and
they mostly caught up - but not quite. One of these was missing about 30
QSOs.

Maybe it was just because we weren't all on 3.23 at the start, but maybe
not...

73,

Andy, G4PIQ