[WT-support] Problems observed at LZ9W M/M with Win-Test

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Dec 13 19:18:17 CET 2008

Hi Wally

wally a écrit :

> After your comments and comments I received from DR1A guys, it looks there is
> a problem with our PCs here and we will try to find and solve the problem
> until March 2009 (WPX SSB 2009 contest )

The most intriguing part of your post is the simultaneous blinking of
the screens ?!?!

Have you tried to restart Win-Test ? (Text command RESTART)
Have you tried to restart your computers ?

Are you sure *all* unnecessary software were stopped ? Some anti-virus
programs are constantly scanning the HDD and may slow a bit the other
processes. As you usually are not exposed to viruses during a contest
(the web browser is only used to monitor some "safe" pages like
GetScore.org etc., and we never heard of a Telnet virus), it is a good
idea to stop the anti-virus if you have a doubt.

As others teams reported, having 5000 Q in Win-Test should not be a
problem especially for machines you described (1.7 GHz, RAM 512MB).

Sorry for not being very helpful on this one :-(

> Merry Christmas and HNY 2009 to all Win-Test users and to creators of a
> "winning" software :-)!

Best wishes too, and have fun !