[WT-support] Problems observed at LZ9W M/M with Win-Test

wally wally at el-soft.com
Sat Dec 13 17:11:18 CET 2008

Hi Laurent,

That is Wally LZ2CJ from LZ9W M-M Contest Team.
As you know we have purchased recently Win-Test and we have used it in M/M
Category in last CQWW SSB and CW 2008 tests.

Although we are overall satisfied with software performance and especially
satisfied by program's network behaviour, we also observed some small but
very annoying problem :
After reaching the QSO number of  say over 5000 QSOs a simultaneous blinking
with appearance for a second or two of white blank screen on all monitors at
each operating position. This was combined with unability to transmit
normally on CW as a separate problem. After pushing the F1(or other) button
for example, it was taking 2 seconds for transmission to start and this is
not good when one has 2 - 3 stations calling. There was a delay
in writing the calls in the log - similar delay of 2-3 seconds, too.

Was this a problem of the software or there is something we have to do with
our PCs ?

PCs here are all DELL with processors at 1.7 Ghz, RAM 512Mb and HD 80 Gb.
(Windows XP )These are used for contest work only and during CQWW CW only one
PC was connected to Internet to get the cluster and served as main server
for all other PCs. No additional software was made active on rest of PCs
trying to prevent the abovementioned problem, firstly observed in CQWW SSB.
However, this approach does not made any effect on solving the blinking
monitors and transmission and writing delays problem.

Best regards.

73 de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team