[WT-support] ARRL 10 setup

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Dec 11 02:01:04 CET 2008

How does it fail?  Error message, crash, terminates?

Maybe you can't get past the initial contest configuration screen.  You must
enter your STATE in the Exchange box on the top line.  If you leave it
blank, you can press [OK] all you want, and nothing will happen.  IMHO, this
should be improved, as it is the first problem most people experience when
they try to use Win-Test for the very first time.

Press the [?] button in the top right corner.  Win-test will tell you what
you must put in the Exhange box.  Each contest is different.  The function
of the [?] button is not obvious, but it's very helpful once you know the
trick.

I think it would be nice if Win-Test automatically displayed this message
box if Exchange is blank, and you try to press [OK].