[WT-support] QTC in WAE

Thorsten - DJ6ET dj6et at df0cg.de
Mon Aug 11 21:19:44 CEST 2008

Hello Ed & Doug,

I read the rules I cannot find anything that forbidden to send a "DUPE"-QSO
for QTC.

There is written that 2 stations exchange maximum 10 QTCs to any station,
but it is also allowed to send these 10 QTCs in 1,2,3...10 series.

That?s another special in WAEDC...it is important to make a DUPE-QSO,
because you have to make a QSO to receive next QTC-series.
The QTC information is a part of a QSO and this QSO must be logged in using
a new serialnumber than in first QSO with the same station.

If you don?t sent a 10QTC-series you must have to make a second QSO on the
same band.

Therfore this DUPE-QSO is part of your log and you can sent this Dupe as
QTC(Time,Call,Serial), because a DUPE is a QSO, but doesn?t score as
QSO-point, because you can get only 1 QSO-point by each station.
If you are using a modern logging-software like Win-Test, CT, Writelog,
N1MM,TR.... these software checks you log online and count the score. I nice
feature is, that double-logged stations are counted only 1 time and the
second QSO is highlighted as DUPE! BUT IT IS STILL A REAL QSO!

The WAE-rules make it easy:

>>Each QSO may only be reported once as a QTC. The QTC may not be reported
back to the original station.

vy 73 de Thorsten - DJ6ET

P.S.: What?s with the HAMs who are logging with paper and pencil. When they
are logging, they don?t know which QSO is a DUPE or not!

Make DUPES! ;-)