[WT-support] PTT not working with WK2USB ?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Aug 8 20:40:02 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:19 AM, <sm5ajv at tdcmail.se> wrote:

> In order to make a very simple HW set-up for SO2R
> I am trying to do the following scenarios:
>
> Using a Winkeyer WK2USB with the following options set
> in the COM-port dialog:
> DTR = Stereo Rx Audio
> RTS = Headphone Control
>
> The PTT-signals for Radio A and B are connected
> to the Winkeyer PTT-output. But the PTT-signals
> are not working when transmitting.
> The headphone switching is working perfectly. But
> for the PTT problem I had to use BK/VOX on the
> transceivers.
>
> Is there another configuration that I have missed?

I don't know much about the WinKey USB, but quickly looking at the WinKey
USB Manual <http://k1el.tripod.com/files/WKUSB_QuickStart.pdf>, it looks
like you need to use an embedded command /U1 to enable the the PTT lines.
You need to load that into a WinKey memory with Cmd-L.  Then Press the
message button to play it back.

There's also Cmd-H to adjust the PTT hang time.

Does PTT work when you send with the paddles?

If this doesn't help, try posting your question to the K1EL Keyers
discussion group, here <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/k1el_keyers/>.