[WT-support] RTTY/MMTTY problem

Andy Hewitt andyphewitt at btopenworld.com
Sat Apr 26 12:46:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have asked about this on the MMTTY reflector and had one response "sounds
familiar". I have been having difficulty with using Win-Test in the HFCC
RTTY contests using AFSK. Operating on Thursday I was receiving well with
good copy but when I called a local station he did not copy me. It seems
that there is a difference between the tone frequencies on TX and RX so I am
off frequency enough for at least one tone to be outside the other stations
filter. On Thursday I reverted to using MixW and that worked FB during the
contest. Yesterday I did some tests by using the MMTTY engine in DX4Win and
that seemed to be OK and also using MMTTY as a full install and that also
worked FB. Testing with a different local stn yesterday we measured the
difference to be up to 130Hz. In the MMTTY control panel there is a TX
offset control which is set to zero. Also I had set up for the standard
"HAM" frequencies and neither the AFC nor NET buttons were on. I was
wondering if any OTHER USERS have experienced this little difficulty? Having
paid for Win-Test I would like to use it for all contest logging. I will
still use MixW as my datamodes prog for normal operation.

73

Andy G3SVD