[WT-support] [Bulk] Re: Feedback from WPX SSB

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 9 09:47:53 CEST 2008

Thanks to Braco and Jose for their suggestions. It looks like some of this
may be a little slicker with EZMASTER or MK2R+ where PTT from the footswitch
is sensed by the program.

Jose - yes - I can see that the CQ will stop as soon as you send a message
in CW, or a DVP message on SSB. Of course, when you reply to a station on
SSB you go for the footswitch, not a DVP message so it may a good way of
doing things on CW, but it's much less efficient on SSB! I guess I can
configure an empty DVP memory and press that before answering the station
though - a bit clunky though.

As to handling switching the callsign field between radio 1 and radio 2 - I
think I'll just have to get used to it being different. Braco suggested
using the footswitch which is a good idea, but I already have two
footswitches - one for PTT and one for switching Rx antenna so I'm not sure
I want a third! I need another leg!

73,

Andy, G4PIQ

-----