[WT-support] RTTY

Alessio Sacchi iz4efn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:23:07 CEST 2007

Hi Rudy,

I think you should key your IC-7800 through FSK, and receive with your
soundcard.

I don't know your radio, but consider that if you have good cw filters, you
will be able to use them in RTTY mode, and help the decoding algorithm doing
a good job.

Please check on the manual if you have a straigth FSK RTTY connector on the
rear of your rig. In this case, you could let your 7800 do the TX job
through a simple serial or parallel port interface.

The RX can be simply achieved with a cable bringing received audio to your
soundblaster.

If you are interested in this solution drop me a mail and I will send you
links and drawings.

Alessio IZ4EFN