[WT-support] WAE CABRILLO

Larry Schimelpfenig larryk7sv at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 00:10:36 CEST 2007

Good Day all,

We did a M/S from NR4M in the most recent cw WAE. I'm just getting around to
dealing with the log and knew that there was an issue with the number of
QTCs vs the number of Qs. I wanted to look at the log in cabrillo to
determine the problem.

When I converted the log to cabrillo, it generated the expected log file as
well as a filed notated as QTC. The log file looked like a normal log file
with no QTC information included and the QTC notated file showed zero in
size with no data.

To determine how cabrillo might work with WAE and QTCs I generated a test
log with about 20 QSOs and QTCs then ran cabrillo. The resulting log showed
the QTC interspersed with the QSOs. After deleteing the cabrillo file I ran
cabrillo in the test log again, but this time it didn't show the QTCs. It
appears that once one has run cabrillo on the log, it can't be done a second
time.

My plan was to determine what the problem in the NR4M log was, correct it if
possible and then run cabrillo again. It appears that I must have run
cabrillo prior to bringing the file home to deal with it. I believe we have
copies of the log on a couple other computers at the farm and will check on
that today.

Is there anyway of restoring a WT log file to "normal" after running it
through cabrillo once? I've done a search of the archives under "WAE
cabrillo" and find a number of entries. Unfortunately none of them in
English address my issues, and I don't read or speak French.

73 de Larry K7SV