[WT-support] SOSB in WT.

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 30 19:14:34 CET 2007

On 10/29/07, Dan <77 at 73.ru> wrote:

> I realy can't find how to set in WT SOSB 21 mc category.
> I did a few qso's on several others band, but going to declare SOSB
> 21 mc.
> WT suggests only SINGLE OPERATOR ASSISTED and no any choice of BAND.
> What should I do? Make correction of cabrillo by hands using editor?

According to the official rules at
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/CQWWDXContestRules8407.pdf :

"If a log contains more than one band it will be judged as an all-band
entry, unless specified otherwise."

So, if it's a Cabrillo V3.0 file, edit it by hand and add one line to the
top section to mark it as a single band entry:

CATEGORY-BAND:  15M

If it's an older Cabrillo V2.0 file, you would use this instead:

CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 15M HIGH SSB

Another way is to export only one band to the Cabrillo file by checking the
all the boxes to exclude all bands but 15m.  See
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Creating#Cabrillo.  This was suggested by
F6IFY last year:

http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2006-October/072308.html

This may create a proper Cabrillo header for you automatically.  However, if
you do this, all of the stations you contacted on other bands may get "not
in log" penalties.  So I don't recommend this.

I don't know how to submit one log for single-band competition, and another
log for "check log".  So the first method should be the best.

It would be nice if the Create Cabrillo feature were changed to "Export all
QSOs, but mark as a single band entry" to take care of all of this
automatically.