[WT-support] "Enable S&P Switching"

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Thu Oct 18 18:08:48 CEST 2007

In a message dated 10/18/2007 1:34:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
n6tv at arrl.net writes:

This was recently discussed on this reflector as it pertains to the  Sprint
contests, where the exchange is a bit different depending on whether  you
called a CQ or answered a CQ.  See
_http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-October/074644.html_
(http://www.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2007-October/074644.html)   and other posts in that thread.

In the Sprint (and other contests) you  never have to "manually" switch
between RUN mode and S&P mode; the Sprint  Exchange Logic Feature takes care of it
automatically.

If you want to  program Win-Test to work like TRlog, where F1 calls CQ if you
are in Run mode  and F1 sends your call if you are in S&P mode, then you just
have to  program both F1 messages accordingly.

Or you can call CQ with F1  and answer CQs by sending your call with F4,
without having to worry about  what mode you are in.  It all depends on what's
easier for  you.

Hi Bob,

Tnx for the info.

Being new to WT, I had missed the canned messages for RUN / S&P that  are in
the OPTIONS I CW menu.  That explained what I will wondering  about.

Tnx, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9420
941-400-1960  cell